BLOGGING AND IT'S RELEVANCY FOR NURSING

Nurse's Watch: Conversations on contemporary nursing,
nursing education, leadership, spirituality and blogging.
~Start date February 2010~

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

~Teachers who inspire realize there will always be rocks in the road ahead of us. They will be stumbling blocks or stepping-stones; it all depends on how we use them. ~Author Unknown




As a nurse, I have often had to comfort patients and their families when life is difficult to understand. I have tried to help patients grapple with the difficulties of an illness or loss. I have comforted people and often, yes, very often simply been there when words are not possible or seemingly appropriate.

As a nursing instructor, I have found that this element of nursing is still essential. Life continues to be difficult and hard to understand. Students are left reeling from illnesses, accidents, family difficulties and failures. Words seem to stick in my throat. My heart breaks for them. I too have struggled. I have felt the anger, betrayal, sorrow and heartbreak. I too have questioned my sovereign Lord's intentions and purposes.

The Bible tells us we are to comfort as we have been comforted, offering hope and encouragement... I hope to be found faithful...

Fortunately, our school also offers counseling services for students.
This is vital.
Though I try to comfort, guide and support, the most important thing I can do is try and steer them in the right direction. I try to provide them with the resources they will need to survive the current crisis and move into the future. This is where the experts come in...

Ultimately, though, they have my prayers and a reminder:

Sometimes God says yes,
sometimes God says no
and sometimes He says wait...

Waiting is hard but prayer can reveal the stepping stones to His plan for your life...




No comments:

Post a Comment