BLOGGING AND IT'S RELEVANCY FOR NURSING

Nurse's Watch: Conversations on contemporary nursing,
nursing education, leadership, spirituality and blogging.
~Start date February 2010~

Saturday, January 5, 2013

A good dose of reality...



Well, it has been quite some time since I have posted. This first full year of teaching has been incredible and insightful in so many ways. I am pleased to have survived!

While, there have been many highs and lows, lots of work, laughter and tears, I remain hopeful and inspired. It is funny as I look back on what I 'thought' teaching would entail and compare it to what I have found. There are huge differences!

As a floor nurse, I often would observe teachers and think they had such a 'cushy' job. Seriously. They were not actually responsible for patient care. They simply surpervised students. How hard could this be?

Well, first of all, as I address my misconceptions, I apologize to all educators. What I thought was a 'cushy' job is actually quite grueling... fulfilling and invigorating, but grueling.

I have been reticent to divulge much about this first year as I have struggled through it, however, I am now ready to offer insight into the world of nursing education, doctoral applications, programs, grants, research and the like.

This has been an amazing year. It is clear that God has directed my paths and I look forward to His plans for the future. I wonder what is in store?

No comments:

Post a Comment